Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Adventures in Mating by Joseph Scrimshaw

We're begining the countdown to January 8th when we open Adventures in Mating (by Joseph Scrimshaw) at No. 43 Stage at Jimmy's in the East Village. Promoting this show has been more strenuous than any other promotion I've ever done. The best part is, unlike any other promotion I've ever done, this one has been fun. Stressful, but that fun kind of stressful when you feel like you've been drinking all night long but really you're just exhausted and stupid from lack of sleep.

I love that.

I guess what I've enjoyed most is that the individuals and groups we have approached for partnerships have been really supportive and excited. This makes me feel a lot less nervous and awful about asking for help and it also boosts my confidence about our ability to pull this off.

There will be more information in the days and weeks to come, but my focus has to be with the show right now. I'd flood this blog with other contributors, however most everyone is heading for their holiday vacations and are not particularly interested in starting things up until after the New Year. So, I suppose you'll have to deal with my silence. Sorry. But if you're in NYC in January you can find out all about the thing that has been stealing all of my time and attention. Things are looking pretty good for this show. I'm pleased.

Now, if I could just memorize my lines.

No comments: